If you’ve recently been involved in a motor vehicle accident and are now experiencing pain, we are here to help! FIT Healthcare is certified through HCAI (Health Claims for Auto Insurance) to work with your insurance company directly to get you the treatment you require following an accident.
How it works:
- After your accident, you will be in contact with your insurance company, and they will provide you with an adjuster and a claim number.
- Our Chiropractor or Physiotherapist will need to perform an initial assessment – this is required whether you are a new or returning patient. During the initial assessment, your practitioner will provide a diagnosis, and develop a specific treatment plan for the following weeks.
- Your healthcare team will monitor your progress with the goal of returning you to your pre-accident level of function.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What if I have private insurance?
- Your private insurance will have to be used first before HCAI begins payment.
- Will I only receive treatment from the Chiropractor or Physiotherapist that performs my initial assessment?
- In many cases, a collaborative approach including Chiropractic, Physiotherapy and/or Massage Therapy can be included to provide you with the best possible outcomes.
- What if I need to purchase supplies (heat pack, therabands, ergonomic modifications etc) to aid in my recovery?
- Additional funds are available to provide supplementary goods and additional services to support restoration of functioning and address barriers to recovery.
- What happens if I miss a scheduled appointment?
- HCAI does not cover the cost of missed appointments; therefore the patient will need to cover any missed appointments.